dinsdag 3 juli 2012

Jack Brabham's 1959 F1 Drivers Championship Cooper T47

I love the 60's F1 cars, but few are made in kit form. Luckily, I discovered Hong Kong plastic toys! When I found the MARX toys Cooper GP car I immediately checked 4-views and line drawings to check the scale. As luck would have it it matched out quite well against the 4-view and dimensions given in an old "Scale Models" magazine. 

I began to collect parts for the suspension and cockpit, as well as doing my research for which car to do. My parts box was pretty deep at this point so I had little trouble scrounging up parts for my scratch-bash project.

The tyres were a bit of a problem but a friend said he had the perfect set of rubber ones for me and they fit perfectly on the toy's Cooper Minilite style rims.I made a simple chassis for the cockpit interior sprayed the interior panels silver, added some Evergreen rod pieces for the tube frame chassis, and sprayed up the body with a flat black base coat and Hunter Green overcoat to have a good Cooper BRG. The rear suspension took some time as it needed a leaf spring across the top of the hubs. For that I layered pieces of Evergreen strips, bent it slightly, and vola!

I chose Jack's Monaco Grand Prix winner and found the correct style #8s. The dash was some Evergreen sheet which was cut to fit, decaled gauges with wire bezels, and a steering wheel the correct diameter from the spares box. I added the disk brakes and wheels. the windscreen was glued in place with Testors Clear Glue.

And presto the Cooper T47, the World 's Grand Prix Constructor and Drivers Championship car of John Arthur Brabham winner in 1959.

Since the engine was all covered this was a pretty straight forward conversion. I hope you boys Down Under like Jack's racer!

 

Rossa156

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1022988.aspx

Toshio Suzuki Jacques Swaters Bob Sweikert Toranosuke Takagi Noritake Takahara Kunimitsu Takahashi Patrick Tambay

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten