zaterdag 17 maart 2012

1957 Chrysler 300C Concept Car WIP 3/16 Update

While waiting for some good weather so I could prime my '78 Dodge Tow Truck, I started another "fun" build. I like the level of detail in the AMT '57 Chrysler 300C 2-door hardtop kit, but felt that the rear window (backlite) and rear roof area just didn't look quite right to me. I decided to build a two-seater convertible with removable hardtop similar to the '57 T-Bird. I started by removing the roof with a Zona saw. I then marked off the floor pan below the rear seat area and selected my cut areas strictly by having the floor seams and reinforcements lining up to best conceal the shortening operation. I transferred this measurement to the body and interior panels and removed the same amount via the same saw method. I reinforced the inner surface of the body re-section with fiberglass mesh and thick CA glue.

 

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1006510.aspx

Fred Wacker David Walker Peter Walker Lee Wallard Heini Walter Rodger Ward Derek Warwick

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten