zondag 24 juni 2012

1953 Studebaker Starliner Coupe WIP; Finished, Outdoor Pics!

I had previously painted this model with some Kustom Kolor Aqua enamel. I started to rub out the spits of paint (I thought) which is usually not a problem and I was using 12000 polishing cloth. Somehow, the spot wouldn't come out without rubbing a white hole in the paint which means I probably didn't get enough paint on this rear quarter. Other areas rubbed out OK without leaving white spots but this fender had a few.

Now i am out of paint so I called Coast airbrush that sells HOK paint and although these paints have been discontinued I bought 4 oz. of Aqua enamel pinstriping paint and hope that it will be close. I'll re-tape and repaint the fender then I'll try to blend it in if it is close or reshoot the entire body and hood since I should have enough paint and I am trying to avoid the brake fluid pool.  Off to a rough start.  

Hey, SFD, tell me what color interior would go good with what is close to Chippawa green (this Aqua). Also it looks like the engine block should be a military green. Is that right?  Thanks for looking! Cool

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1019286.aspx

Lee Wallard Heini Walter Rodger Ward Derek Warwick John Watson Spider Webb Mark Webber

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten