zaterdag 18 februari 2012

2009 Corvette Coupe WIP

This is what I have done so far on my 2009 Corvette coupe. AMT just put these out as part of the Showroom Replicas series, low part count kits that seem aimed to the younger crowd or those with not much experience. They are full glue kits but I found the body breakdown overcomplicated for a beginner glue kit as well as there are numerous fit and detail issues that more experienced builders will find annoying if they are looking for a quick build. Just my two cents if you want a good simple C6 Vette stick with the WoF from Revell. After going over the parts I decided to build mine with no bells and whistles for the box stock class in a upcoming show at the end of this month.

Hosted on Fotki

Here is the body painted in Tamiya champaigne gold to mimic code 51U gold mist metallic which I later found out was never a stock option for Vettes but oh well. Cleared but not polished in the pic.

Hosted on Fotki

Interior has alot of detail issues and the fit of the door panels leaves alot to be desired. I sprayed all the parts in Tamiya TS6 matt black then brushed the accents in MM acryl dark ghost gray. Normally I'd mask the accent and spray it but I didn't bother on this kit. The photo shows the parts base coated with the main/accents. Next up is the details and assembly.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1002526.aspx

Chico Serra Doug Serrurier Johnny ServozGavin Tony Settember Hap Sharp Brian ShaweTaylor Carroll Shelby

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten