zaterdag 18 februari 2012

'53 Packard Caribbean 'Vert Street Rod - Interior Started

The models on the shelf in hobby shops only keeps my attention for so long. Nothing wrong with 'um, I just like variety and scarcity when it "POPS" up. I've always got my eye out for something new when surfing the web. I found this accidently, and "snagged" it right away, on  a "Buy it now". Never seen it before, and may never see it again - Window of opportunity Thumbs Up.

Very nicely made with some nice chrome accents. Some of the body trim came painted, so BMF will come in real handy. Came as a "top down 'vert with a boot. but even before I bought it, I knew it would need an up-top. The top that I picked fits pretty close. Just needs a little "Massaging" at the rear, and she'll look just fine.

Found some new paints and colors, so I'm using plastic picnic spoons to see how the paint works, and how some of the colors look together. That's why the last pic.

Anyway this'll show up periodically as I work on it, between some home re-decorating and re-modeling Cool.

Just mocked up right now in some white primer. Original color wasn't too great. Will keep the wires and the whites. The wires were pretty plain, but a little "TLC" brought 'um to life.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/999459.aspx

Jo Schlesser Bernd Schneider Rudolf Schoeller Rob Schroeder Michael Schumacher Ralf Schumacher Vern Schuppan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten